Condo Insurance in South Coast MA and RI
Excellent condo insurance coverage for the South Coast of MA and RI
Up and down the South Coast of Massachusetts and the Rhode Island coastline, condominiums are in high demand. If you’re one of these condo-seekers, or lucky enough to already be a condo owner, you won’t be surprised by the reasons condo communities have become so popular among homebuyers, regardless of age or stage of life.
Having a condo is almost always a less expensive, more social, and a nearly maintenance-free style of homeownership compared to purchasing a house, especially a coastal home.
But there is one unique attribute of owning a condo that you may not understand 100%. Regardless of whether you are new to the condo lifestyle or have been part of a condo community for a long time, you may not realize that a condo requires two insurance policies be in place to protect your unit: a master policy for the condo association and an individual, or HO-6, policy.
With over 100 years of experience insuring condos in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, the team at HIG has helped generations of condo buyers and owners understand these special insurance requirements.
Here are just a few of the steps we take with each client to make sure we find the proper insurance coverage to keep their condo and valuables safe and secure:
- We help you understand your responsibility in case of a calamity such as a fire, flood, windstorm or other disaster that causes damage to either the common areas of the building and/or to your individual unit.
- We identify the deductibles in your condo association’s master policy as well as the rules pertaining to these dollar amounts so that you know how much you could be held liable for in the case of, say, you have a fire or pipes burst in your condo and cause damage to a common area.
- We advise you on a list of building items generally not covered by the master policy like hardwood floors, tile floors, kitchen cabinets, plumbing and electrical fixtures, built-in appliances, owner improvements, etc. and help you estimate the replacement costs.
By taking this thorough and personal approach, our team will be able to customize a condo insurance policy, with a very reasonable deductible and at a competitive price that will minimize your financial risk. At HIG, our professionals will also continue to look out for you and your condo insurance needs long after our initial consultation by monitoring insurance carriers’ rates, making it convenient and easy to do business with us, and taking the stress out of filing a claim.
Contact us today for a complimentary quote on a new or existing condo insurance policy in Massachusetts or Rhode Island. We will gladly answer all your questions and concerns with straightforward answers and advice so that you can make the best decision for you and any loved ones living in your condo.
A condo insurance policy comes with a lot of “extras” for your unique way of living. Spend just 15 minutes with one of our insurance advisors to understand the special coverages that protect your condo, including coverage:
- For damage to personal property such as furniture, computer equipment and clothing
- That fills in the gaps of the master insurance policy and covers losses under master policy deductibles
- Against personal liability
- For interior walls, floor coverings, improvements and upgrades
- Designed for your valuables, such as jewelry and fine art and other collections